Gulyakov Aleksandr Dmitrievich, Candidate of juridical sciences, associate professor, Honored Lawyer of the Russian Federation, rector of Penza State University (40 Krasnaya street, Penza, Russia), firstname.lastname@example.org
Vinogradova Valentina Sergeevna, Postgraduate student, Penza State University (40 Krasnaya street, Penza, Russia), Valechemail@example.com
Background. New legislation regarding the police is a major step towards the convergence between the Russian law-enforcement system and the international standards of police functioning. The goal of the study is to analyze the foreign experience, first of all of the states, distinguished by a low level of criminality and a high level of social trust to the police.
Materials and methods. Materials of the study are the special legal monographs and periodical press. The normative legal base is the Constitution of the Russian Federation, legislation, subordinate legislation and the also international legal acts. Implementation of the research objectives was achieved on the basis of the formal legal and comparative legal methods of analysis of the Russian legislation and the international legal acts regulating the police activity.
Results. The authors carried out the comparative analysis of the regulation specifics of the police activity in Russia and foreign states and studied the positive foreign experience of increasing the efficiency of the police work.
Conclusions. Reception of the positive foreign experience should include the following main directions: toughening of the demands to a candidate for the police service; intensification of responsibility for corruption actions, and also for violence to prisoners; establishment of the municipal police.
police, legal status, reform, rules of international law, foreign reception of law.
1. Rezolyutsiya № 690 (1979) Parlamentskoy assamblei Soveta Evropy «Deklaratsiya o politsii» (Prinyata v g. Strasburge 08.05.1979 g. na 31-y sessii Parlamentskoy assamblei Soveta Evropy) [Resolution №690 (1979) of the Parliamentary Assembly of the Council of Europe “Police declaration” (Accepted in Strasbourg on 08.05.1979 at the 31st Parliamentary Assembly of the Council of Europe)]. Collection of dicuments of the Council of Europe in the field of human rights protection and criminal control. Moscow, 1998, pp. 77–81.
2. Evropeyskiy kodeks politseyskoy etiki. Rekomendatsiya Rec. (2001)10 Komiteta ministrov gosudarstvam chlenam po Evropeyskomu kodeksu politseyskoy etiki (prinyata Komitetom ministrov 19 sentyabrya 2001 g. na 765-m zasedanii Predstaviteley ministrov) [European code of police ethics. Recommendation Rec. (2001)10 of the Ministers’ Committee for the countries-members on the European code of police ethics (accepted by the Ministers’ committee on 19th of September 2001 at the 765th session of the Ministers’ representatives)]. Available at: http://www.legislationline.org/documents/action/popup/id/8117 (accessed 19 October 2012).
3. Mezhdunarodnyy kodeks povedeniya gosudarstvennykh dolzhnostnykh lits (Prinyat 12.12.1996 g. Rezolyutsiey 51/59 na 82-m plenarnom zasedanii 51-oy sessii General'noy Assamblei OON) [The international code of conduct of state officials (Accepted on 12.12.1996 by the Resolution 51/59 at the 82nd plenary assembly of the 51st session of the UN General Assembly)]. Legal reference system “ConsultantPlus”.
4. Mezhdunarodnaya zashchita prav i svobod cheloveka: sb. dokumentov [International protection of human rights and freedoms: collected documents]. Moscow: Yuridicheskaya literatura, 1990, pp. 319–325.
5. Vseobshchie standarty bor'by s korruptsiey v politseyskikh vedomstvakh i organakh (Prinyaty na 71-y General'noy assamblee Interpola 21–24 oktyabrya 2002 g. v Kamerune) [General standards of anticorruption activity in police departments and bodies (Accepted at the 71st Interpol General Assembly on 21-24 of October 2002 in Cameroon)]. Available at: http://emsu.ru/um/default.asp?c=1409&p=1 (accessed 19 October 2012).
6. Osnovnye printsipy primeneniya sily i ognestrel'nogo oruzhiya dolzhnostnymi litsami po podderzhaniyu pravoporyadka (Prinyaty vos'mym Kongressom OON po preduprezhdeniyu prestupnosti i obrashcheniyu s pravonarushitelyami Gavana, Kuba, 27 avgusta – 7 sentyabrya 1990 g.) [Basic principles of use of force and firearms by law-enforcement officers (Accepted by the 8th UN Congress on crime prevention and treatment of criminals, Havana, Cuba, 27th August – 7th September 1990)]. A/CONF.144/28/Rev. 1. Pp. 117–122.
7. Federal'nyy zakon ot 19 dekabrya 2005 g. № 160-FZ «O ratifikatsii Konventsii Soveta Evropy o zashchite fizicheskikh lits pri avtomatizirovannoy obrabotke personal'nykh dannykh» [The Federal law from 19th December 2005 №160-FZ “On ratification of the Convention of the Council of Europe for the protection of individuals with regard to automatic processing of personal data”]. Collection of the Russian Federation legislation. 2005, no. 52, part. 1, art. 5573.
8. Evropeyskaya konventsiya po preduprezhdeniyu pytok i beschelovechnogo ili unizhayushchego dostoinstvo obrashcheniya ili nakazaniya (ETS N 126) (Vmeste s «Privilegiyami i immunitetami», «Poyasneniyami») (Zaklyuchena v g. Strasburge 26.11.1987 g.) [European convention for the prevention of torture and inhuman or degrading treatment or punishment (ETS N 126) (Together with “Privileges and immunities”, “Explanatory reports”) (accepted in Strasbourg on 26.11.1987)]. Sobranie zakonodatel'stva Rossiyskoy Federatsii [Collection of the Russian Federation legislation]. 1998, no. 36, art. 4465.
9. Bulavin S. P. Yuridicheskaya tekhnika [Juridical technique]. 2011, no. 5.
10. Bulavin, S. P., Chernikov V. V. Administrativnoe pravo i protsess [Administrative law and process].2011,no.4.